I suggest you ...

Add option to not suspend clip 2 when photo is dark

I don't like that battery saving behaviour which suspends clip in case a photo is too dark. Please give us an option in settings to keep taking photos all the time even if photos are completely black. I am storing my photos locally and I can sort them programatically. Its easy. But suspending for 960 seconds (16 minutes) is not what I want.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jihoon commented  · 

im sorry, but how did you know it was 960 seconds?
        Can anyone from Narrative confirm this?

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are many situations where the maximum shooting speed is applicable. Such as various celebrations and parties (best moments last only a second or shorter time and 10 seconds on them is simply too long) or timelapse of faster processes. In such situations, the battery life does not matter so much, because they not last longer than few hours. Those 30 minutes on the opposite side of the scale is for me absolutely unimportant, I just saw in some of the suggestions that someone wanted it. For me personally is the maximum interval of 30 seconds quite sufficient.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There's always a possibility to have a clip in a backpack with a camera pointing down. But, of course, have the option to turn on and off from your application using the phone would be the best solution. And while we're at those changes, interval of the timer from 1 second (or maximum speed without timer) to 30 minutes would be fantastic.

• AdminAngelyn (Quality Assurance Manager Narrative, Narrative) commented  · 

Basically, you would like the Clip to continue taking photos even though it is black, so you can always be sure that the Clip is taking photos?

However, with this settings, it mean that your Clip will still be turned on even when it is in your bag, and the side effects of that is drained battery.

So in addition to adding in an option to take photos all the time, we also need to include an option to turn the Clip 2 off in the smartphone settings.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi, I don't want to keep saving that black photos, I just want to keep capturing and saving only those not dark photos.

Feedback and Knowledge Base